CIRCLE TRIO is the jazz band specialised in events music in Lyon :
we can play with various settings from trio to sextet, smart and soft vocal jazz, instrumental jazz, french songs with gipsy swing touch, powerfull soul funk ... We
can play for any atmosphere and every taste ! Totaly live music !
Since 2009, Circle played in many contexts : concerts in jazz club or festivals, luxury hotels, private or corporateevents,
weddings, cocktails, birthdays, casinos, golfs club houses, beach clubs ... Always with the same priorities : pleasure to play and share with the audience,
and musical quality.
Circle Trio is a band from network.
> Song books we play
- with the trio, 4tet or 5tet : great american jazz standards (Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Chet Baker...), french songs (from
Claude Nougaro, Serge Gainsbourg, Henri Salvador...)
- with our gipsy jazz songs 4tet : old french or american songbook played in a gipsy swing style : Django meets Nat King Cole, Charles Trenet or Jerry Lewis !
- with the 5tet or 6tet : soul-funk covers (Stevie Wonder, Ottis Redding, James Brown, Kool and the gang, Amy Winehouse, Blues Brothers ...).
> Our different line-ups
Many line-ups are possible from 3 to 7 musicians. Here are the most common ones :
- trio with singer, guitarist and double bassist : hisoric core of the group
- quartet with drums : standard group very much in demand. A soul jazz set is possible.
- quartet with two guitars : gipsy jazz sound.
- quartet with saxophone : permit to vary the atmosphere between vocal et instrumental. Add saxophone warmth to the instrumental setting.
- quintet with saxophone and drums : The classic great vocal jazz band ! Our soul and funk sets are possible.
- sextet or septet with 2 singers, saxophone and drums : Many song books are possible. We can play our funk really powerfully !
- trio or quartet with only saxophone (no voice) : for those who prefer a totally instrumental performance.
Feel free to contact us
to findout which group fits the best your event.
> Technical aspect
- For background music, we are technically independent, we just need acces to electricity.
- For intermediate events, if necessary we can provide a bigger sound system with a sound engineer.
- For some bigger performances (more than 400 people), we sometime need to contract a specialised structure.
> Administrative aspect
We usually set a contract between you and the structure that employs the musicians.
You just have to read and firm a contract, our employer takes the rest in charge (french administrative procedures) and sends you an invoice.
The price depends on the group you've chosen (trio, 4tet or 5tet), on the expences (transportation, accomodation...), on the frequence and length of the performance,
on the technical aspect (hardware and sound enginer)... We answer quickly to all estimate request